Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Social Bookmarking

Social Bookmarking is a way to basically make your favorite sites public. It is especially helpful for teachers because you can organize them into the topics you cover. This saves a lot of time in the long run. In future years when I am teaching the same topics I will not need to go online on a hunt for useful websites- wading through the ones that either no longer work or are not very helpful. Social bookmarking is helpful as well because the sites alert you when sites have been updated. This is especially helpful when you have student blogs to check through. That way whenever they are updated you know about it and you don't have to spend hours clicking through various pages. Bookmarked sites let you know how many times a site has been hit. And although this does not guarantee that it is a very good website, it may mean that a lot of people found it useful.

They way that I most intend to use it is for my own personal file keeper. As I stumble upon useful websites I can bookmark them. It is diffferent than just regular bookmarking because it is through the network, so whichever computer I use they will be accessible. It will also allow me to organize websites by topic: exponents, integers, equations, percents... that way when I am teaching it again I know just where to look,

No comments:

Post a Comment